CAREER AND EDUCATION PROGRAMS
625 Jamaica Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11208
Division Director: Lowell Herschberger
- College Success Programs: College STEPS helps local young people each year to apply to and enter college. We provide individual counseling to assist with the admissions and financial aid process, workshops, and college trips. The Student Success Center, located on the Franklin K. Lane campus, offers the same services on site to students on the campus.
College STEPS: 2810 Fulton Street, Brooklyn, NY, 11207. 718-484-8531
Student Success Center: 999 Jamaica Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11208. 647-2100, ext. 8705
- YouthLEAD: YouthLEAD provides GED instruction and employment services for young people, ages 16-24 who are not in school or working.
Contact: 2836 Fulton Street, Brooklyn, NY, 11207. 718-235-8837
- Youth Build: Offers GED instruction and job training and experience in construction for young adults. Participants gain experience, while working on CHLDC’s affordable housing projects.
Contact: 832 Jamaica Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11208. 718-277-3600.
- Cypress Hills Employment Solutions: Employment placement services for adults in Cypress Hills.
Contact: 2836 Fulton Street, Brooklyn, NY 11207, 718-235-8837
- Adult Education: Offers free English as a Second Language classes.
Contact: 528 Ridgewood Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11208, 718-235-1028.
- In 2010, we helped 230 young people gain acceptance to college.